Friday, July 4, 2008

A Day Off, Part I

I found myself at a crossroads on the outskirts of a town somewhere in Ohio, where there was maybe a filling station and a Hole'in'One Donuts, but not much else. From there I made it into the editing room and was talking to Chris. He had a list of scenes he was going to go through one by one, to examine closely as independent units of narrative or something. He said it would be really helpful if I would go through them with him, which I was happy to do, but then I remembered it was a weekday. I usually go into work at my temp job on every weekday, and then I remembered that I didn't have to go in today because my endless assignment had finally ended. I was happy about that, and my day off, but now this editing work was starting to seem a little worky. I told Chris that I was hoping to do something fun on this rare day off. But he said it wouldn't take long, so I said okay, then let's get started. After all, all I'd have to do is sit in a chair in a dark room and watch stuff.

Then I got a call from Jeff Curtis who said he was in town and wanted to meet up with me. I didn't even know what town we were in, actually, it was new to me. For some reason either he or I knew about some diner not far from where we were editing. I said okay, I'd like to meet up with him. But then, somehow, Jeff turned into Eric Lezotte. I work with a guy Eric, but this was Eric who lives in LA, and he was going to be in town, and wanted to meet up at this diner. So here it was, my day off, and I had to work on this editing, and also I wanted to meet with Jeff and Eric, who may or may not be the same person. I was getting really confused, not to mention stressed out!

No comments: